The Covenant: The New Generation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG based off their prodigies.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

( COMPLETE ) Jack & Ava.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
jack
just a taste
just a taste
jack

( COMPLETE ) Jack & Ava. Empty
PostSubject: ( COMPLETE ) Jack & Ava.   ( COMPLETE ) Jack & Ava. I_icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 2:31 am

SYNOPSIS: Jack confronts Ava
DATE: 4 May 2008
RATING: PG, for now.
NOTES: Before leaving with Tag, he tells Ava he found out about her and the other girls being witches.
OPEN TO: Ava

While Jack had been down in the basement with Tag, his main priority was trying to keep his friend from completely flying off the handle. With that at the top of his list, his own feelings of anger and hurt fell to the back-burner. It was ironic that half the time, he spent defending the girls to Tag - just for his buddy's piece of mind, but at the same time the same things were going through his own head. It certainly wasn't to the same degree of how bad Tag took it - though, it was perfectly acceptable. Had he not found out about the girls when he did, he had the feeling he would have ended up in the same shoes with Ava that he had done with Sierra. Let's face it, he knew damn well they were never planning on telling them of their own background. With that thought in mind, he doubted they were in any real danger. And while the male egotistical part of him wanted to say, 'they're girls, anyway' how much of a threat could the pose? He knew damn well that wasn't the case. They were just as powerful. Not to mention Sierra had scared him even before he'd found out about them.

He had a pretty good idea that Ava knew why he wanted to meet up with her. He hadn't asked her to hang out in a typical Jack-like fashion. Nor did he ask her to meet at his dorm, or if he could meet her at hers. No, Ava wasn't stupid. She knew what was going on. After leaving Tag back at Putnam's Barn, he made his way to Nikki's. It was mutual turf, not to mention out in the open to the point where neither one could use powers on one another if need be. Quite possibly, the thing that bothered him most was the fact that he knew damn well he wouldn't use on her regardless. She'd crawled underneath his skin, no matter how much he tried to deny that fact. He talked a big game, saying he'd be able to skate by hanging out with her and never actually getting into a relationship with her. But he knew his heart would betray his words. Now, things were completely different.

As soon as he walked into Nikki's he spotted her. He was a bit apprehensive at first, and thought to turn and walk out. He didn't have to deal with this now, he could have just left right away with Tag. But he had to for his own piece of mind. He walked his way up to her, his eyes surveying her face - both of them clearly knowing the conversation they were about to have. "Hey." His voice was dry, and his eyes darted off to the side for a moment. It was too loud to actually talk in there, but he could tell by the look in her eyes the last thing she wanted to do was attack him. "Let's step outside." He suggested, an hand dropping to grab onto her elbow slightly, leading her in the direction. Once they were out in the alley and out of earshot from anyone, he dropped her arm to focus on her again. A hand slipped back to grasp the pieces of paper from his back pocket - some of which were singed from Tag's flame-age. The girls family history. "We know." That was all he needed to say for now.

Last edited by jack on Fri May 23, 2008 11:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ava
rookie
rookie
ava

PostSubject: Re: ( COMPLETE ) Jack & Ava.   ( COMPLETE ) Jack & Ava. I_icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 10:55 am

To say that many things were not running through her mind would be a lie. Since that moment that Jack ran off before they went to get food she knew what had happened. She screwed up and he caught it. Maybe part of her wanted him to know and thats why she slipped since she had always been so careful up until that moment. Telling the girls that she thought Jack knew was one of the hardest things she has ever had to do, and even worst when she found out that Sisi was pregnant. Ava had been so caught up in her own stuff that she didn't seem to see any farther then Jack. Next to herself, he had become one of the most important people in her life. Now she wasn't even sure if he still wanted to be in her life until she got a text. Maybe he didn't know and just wanted to make up for ditching her that day, but deep down inside a pain in her chest let her know that her worst fear had come true.

Since the two became close they always meet up at either his place or hers. This time he wanted to meet at Nikki's which was odd. They had been there tons of times, but always did something or meet up before that. She was scared not because it might be a set up but because he was going to comfront her about her past. She always believed that the past should never define someone since she thought that people changed. That was why she never judged the boys due to what their covenant had done to hers or hers to theirs. People were unwritten novels and only that person can write what will happen. It was up to them and only them. She trusted Jack with her life and even now. He wasn't like another guys and that was what drew her to him. He had a good head on his shoulders and his heart was always in the right place. In her mind, it was funny how even now with the possiblilty that he would disown and never speak to her again she could only have positive things to say about him. She just prayed and begged god that everything she thought about him was the truth and not some persona he was putting on for a girl. What was she thinking, Jack was the real deal and she loved him. Yes, for the first time in her life she cared so much for a person that she would actually use the words love to describe it. He was everything she ever wanted and now she was hanging his ever word or movement in hopes that he felt the same way or at least didn't dismiss the idea away once he found out the truth. She honestly, didn't know if he knew but she had a rather good idea he did.

Sitting alone in the bar the music bounced off the walls causing her drink to shake every so often. Her eyes wandered the crowd in hopes she would see him and after a moment she did. He moved over to her with a look of dread in his eyes and the dry voice only sent a shiver down her spine. She knew in that instant that he really knew. He probably asked her there so that if the cobversation went south she couldn't use her powers against him which she would never do. No matter what happened. "Hey." She whispered knowing over the music he probably didn't hear her but she had no voice. There was a lump the size of a baseball in her throat. When he asked her to step outside she only nodded lost for actually words at this moment in time. His hand seaked her elbow and she allowed him to lead her out into the alley where they could talk. Not like she really knew what to say anyways. Listening to the door slam behind them it echoed through the alley before he pulled a piece of paper from his pocket and held onto it. The look in his eyes signaled to Ava he was going to drop a bomb and he did. By golly did he. It was the dreaded phrase she wished she'd never have to hear from him. "I figured you did after you ran off that day." What could she actually say to him she couldn't deny it. It was right there on paper and she wasn't ashamed of who she was. She was a witch born and raised. There was nothing she could ever say to change that nor would she want to. It was a test. If he cared about her he would accept her for who she was on the inside not for what gift god decided to give her and not others.
Back to top Go down
jack
just a taste
just a taste
jack

PostSubject: Re: ( COMPLETE ) Jack & Ava.   ( COMPLETE ) Jack & Ava. I_icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 11:36 am

There it was. Out in the open. There was no turning back now. He knew what she was, she knew what he was, and they both had verbally confirmed it in that moment. Whatever was going to happen between them, that would make or break them would happen right here; right now. But, he couldn't find the words to say. What her ancestors did in her past (or his for that matter) shouldn't matter. He didn't hold the grudges that they did, nor did his father. What was the point in living in the past, he always said. Then again, perhaps living in the past was needed to a certain extent, since it seemed the past would come back to haunt them. The girls; this situation was living proof of that. But how could she not tell him who she was? How could she deceive him so bad? That's what made his blood boil. And as he stood there, outside, facing her his face contorted into a look of anger mixed with hurt.

"Yeah." He answered, his gaze drifting off as he looked to the side. "Listen, I'm not going to make this a long drawn out uncomfortable conversation," He began, clearing his throat. He didn't want to prolong it right now anymore than it needed to be. "I'm going to take off with Tag for a few days." He continued, refusing to look her directly in the eyes. What did it matter? Looking into her eyes in the past had only proved to fool him anyway. Pausing for a moment, he relayed Tag's message. "By the way, tell Sierra that he's gonna be gone for a few days. She should probably leave him alone. That last part is just a suggestion from me, but otherwise all he asked me to have you relay to her is that he's gonna be gone." Clearing his throat, he flashed the papers in front of her. "I'm glad that you're not denying it all." He said softly, but he was. She could have made things more difficult, but the fact that she owned up to it made him less angry. "Family trees." He indicated as to what the papers were. Part of him was curious to ask her about why they were suspected to have died off, but that was something that he could ask later - when he wasn't so angry.

"Why didn't you tell me?" This was when he had started to lay into her. Wanting to know why she had lied to him, of all people. He held out his arms as he now stared hard at her. "Huh? I would understand the most out of everyone here, but you lied." He laughed bitterly, shaking his head. "I don't get involved with girls because I don't want to get them involved in my shit, but you knew all along about my shit." He scoffed, shaking his head. "I thought I knew you, but I don't know a goddamn thing about you." Tag's words stuck static in his mind, as he tried to shake them away. He didn't want to get carried away, but he couldn't help himself. "There's not that many coincidences when it comes to us, and the fact that Sierra started dating Tag seems a little fishy. Like your ultimate goal was to get close to us or some shit. Is that all it was? Is that all this was?" He gestured to the two of them. He didn't know what was coming out of his mouth anymore at that point.
Back to top Go down
ava
rookie
rookie
ava

PostSubject: Re: ( COMPLETE ) Jack & Ava.   ( COMPLETE ) Jack & Ava. I_icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 12:13 pm

By the look in his eyes she could tell he was beyond pissed off at her and she honestly couldn't blame him. He had every reason to be mad she kept a secret from him that in the end could make or break their relationship. It was something she didn't keep just from him but from everyone. It wasn't like she could go around telling everyone she was a witch and when she touched things she could see the past or future. She would have been locked up for sure and they would have thrown away the key. It wasn't like she was the only one that didn't come clean about their powers. He never once told her who he really was she knew because of her family. How could he honestly stand there as if she was the only one in this that had lied when he too was as guilty as she was. When he finally began to speak she for the first time began to become angry at every thing he was saying and the way his body was moving. When his mouth didn't say it his eyes and body said the rest. He was cold towards her which caused her to wrap her arms around her body. Maybe everything she once thought of him was just a lie maybe he wasn't the guy she was falling...well moreso in love with.

Nodding when he gave her the message she finally spoke remain calm not letting her emotions take a hold of her yet. "I will give her the message when I see her." Things to say the least between her and sisi were kind of iffy. There was so much going on in each of their lives that sometimes it was best just to take a break to try to figure things out. She knew sisi wasn't mad and that she had a lot on her plate which is why Ava was understanding. As he continued to speak her eyes fell to the ground taking in everything he said to heart. Angry or not everything he said still would effect her in the end it just was how she was. And it hurt even more since it came from Jack. "There is no reason to. I am not ashamed of who or what I am. Plus, you have the proof right in front of you. Yes, I am a witch. I was born and raised one. I was sworn to up hold the secrets of my family among the others who share the same gift as me. I am who I am and like i said no reason to deny it to you." Her words were cold and she hoped they cut him like a knife. He two knew what she was going through and if only for a second if he put himself in her shoes he would understand what was going on.

When he began yelling questions out at her she stood back to take it all in. How could he stand there like he is some innocent soul when he was gulity of the same things. When he finally shut his mouth she began to speak this time she was not going to hold back how hurt she was feeling right now. She was mad, but it was so overshadowed by the hurt that it didn't even matter right now., Her heart was breaking and that meant more then her ego. "How dare you." She said before she paused to try to find all the words she wanted to say. Her mind was racing, her heart was beating a mile a minute, and her body was shaking. She knew she needed to let it all out before she burst. "Don't you dare stand there and yell at me for what I did. You, my friend, didn't say one damn word about your powers. You never once mentioned anything about them and if you did I would have come out and told you. You know that we can't go around screaming from the roof tops who or what we are. We are sworn to secrecy for the good of the covenant and the good of our families and safety. I didn't tell you, and I know I should have. It isn't like I didn't stay awake in bed night after night thinking about how I would tell you and how you would react. In the end it all came down to the same answer, you would act like you are now. And don't you dare say I lied. I never once lied to you about anything. How did I lie? It isn't like you asked me if I had powers and if you are going to say I lied then you better be sure that you look in the damn mirror. Everything you spat out at me you can suck it back in because you are in the same boat as me. So don't you act like you are some type of saint who has done no wrong. And if you thought i had powers instead of snooping around behind my back and running to your god damn friends you could have asked me then. Not go and research me and my family." She paused as she turned around she couldn't believe she just had said that all outloud she wasn't thinking she was hurt and felt belittled by everything. "I know what I did was wrong. I know I should have told you, but this isn't like I just broke your favorite cd or dropped your cellphone in a fish bowl. We are talking about a secret that in the end could have me killed if the truth falls into the wrong hands. And you know what, I did know about your shit and guess what it didn't matter to me. I never once judged you based on the fact you had powers but because I liked you. No, that would be a lie. I was starting to..well honestly i doubt you will believe me anyways since I am such a liar but I finding myself in love with you. It never once had to do with your fucking powers. I could give two shits if you had them or not. You were something that I never once had in my life, and maybe a part of me was selfish and wanted to keep the truth from you because I didn't want this to happen. I didn't want you to turn your back the moment you found the out the truth and you did. In the end, it doesn't matter what we thought about each other was nothing more then a bunch of lies. But I will let you know one thing. I didn't set out to hurt you or your friends. I set out on a feeling i never felt before. So you know what, I am guilty. I am guilty for caring about you and valuing our friendship and not wanting to lose you. So you can tie me to a stake and throw me in water, throw stones at me, or hell set me unfire. Because right now nothing, and I mean nothing will ever hurt as much as you standing there making me out to be a bad guy when you, Jack Damien Simms, are as guilty as I am." She finished her vent before she felt her knees go weak and she rested against the side of the building.
Back to top Go down
jack
just a taste
just a taste
jack

PostSubject: Re: ( COMPLETE ) Jack & Ava.   ( COMPLETE ) Jack & Ava. I_icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 12:35 pm

To be quite honest, she had rambled on so much that a lot of the words went right though Jack. Save a few key notes that he kept buried in his mind, when she finally enabled him to talk. Maybe Tag was right, maybe he should have waited to do this. He was angry as it is, and she was only making him more and more angry. Jack never had to practice holding back his powers, because he'd never been so emotional. He could feel his strength beginning to drain, as he held back randomly throwing something with his mind. Not at her, or to do any harm to her, but just because his emotions were going haywire. There was one small difference between him and her at this point. Correction, it wasn't actually small - it was big, because it's what made such a difference between their two arguments. "I'm not guilty of anything but keeping my mouth shut." He said, pointing in her direction, still holding himself back - beads of sweat beginning to collect on his forehead.

If this wasn't taking enough toll on him, now his state was weakening at it all. "Whatever. You had to keep your mouth shut, too. I give you that. The difference is though? You already fucking knew about my powers. You knew. And you still didn't tell me about yours. That's what makes everything that you said about me being guilty, or me being as bad as you completely null and void." He wasn't yelling, but it was clear just how angry he was. He was talking very softly, but his tone was coming through loud and clear. "Oh don't give me that you didn't really lie bullshit - withholding information is the same as lying, there's no technicalities to get out on when it comes to that." He tried taking a deep breath, but his anger had consumed him to the point where he could actually taste it. "As for you guys coming after us, while I don't really think that was ever the case it's a fair enough question. As I said, there's no coincidences in my life, how was I suppose to know that this was going to be." Jack never once claimed to be perfect. And sure, in the heat of his rage he had acted as if he wasn't at fault at all, the truth was they all kept a secret. In turn, that made him a bit guilty - which he full well admitted. But she was the one in the wrong, and he'd be damned if she was going to make him feel otherwise. "You should have come clean when we started talking, I shouldn't have had to snoop. If I had flat out asked you and you told me, I still would have accused you of lying - or being dishonest with me from the beginning." He groaned.

"You can't keep secrets like this and get involved with someone. That's why I hadn't made things clear between what we were, because I didn't want to lie to you anymore than I had already had. God knows I couldn't hide this forever. I was trying to protect you. You know how much easier things would have been if you just told me?" His anger was starting to dwindle as he concentrated on the bits and pieces of other things she had said to him. He watched her stagger against the wall, wanting nothing more but to rush over and help her up. Though, he couldn't, he was too weak himself. Not to mention he didn't want to right now. Unless it got serious. "I believe you for what it's worth." He stated, in an attempt to calm them both down. "And I care about you so fucking much too, that's why I'm so upset." He glanced at her momentarily, gritting his teeth as he tried to stand up to his full potential. "I would have understood if you had told me," He crumbled up the paper and tossed it into the garbage bin, off to the side. "I have to go. I've got a best friend whose ten times as crushed as I am." Part of him was bitter toward Sierra, too. "I'll talk to you when I get back." He didn't have intentions on ending whatever it was they were doing, whether she knew that or not. He'd refer to this as their first big fight.
Back to top Go down
ava
rookie
rookie
ava

PostSubject: Re: ( COMPLETE ) Jack & Ava.   ( COMPLETE ) Jack & Ava. I_icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 1:30 pm

Watching what he had done she knew how pissed off he really was and it was all her fault. All she ever did was screw up time and time again. Why did she have to have these powers there was not one good thing about them. All they did was cause pain and bring distructing where ever they go. No matter what she knew she was stuck with them until the day she died. Sometimes she wished she could just will them off to someone else. Oh how she wished she could be normal, but what if she did get rid of them what would she become then? Would she lose who she was or would she be able to start a new life. One where she didn't have to lie, one where she didn't have to hid who she was, and/or one where she could just live life with no worries. No more watching when she was angry, no more watching over her shoulder, no more breaking people hearts, and ruining anything good that ever happened in her life. There was so much to lose, but so much to gain. She honestly was wondering if there was a way to get rid of them. She wanted them gone. Honestly, she hated her powers right now and honestly rather be dead then stuck with them at that moment in time. Everything in her world was crash down around her and Jack was just part of it. She screwed up more than any one ever could. She didn't just upset Jack, but destoryed Tag and Sisi's relationship. She didn't know how Sisi could ever for give her for what she had done and to find out sisi is pregnant just killed her.

Listening to what Jack had said she couldn't help but want to cry but she wanted to be strong. She didn't want Jack to see her like this...well she didn't want anyone to see her like this. She planned on staying in her room for the rest of the school year only to leave when she needed to. As he spoke she listened knowing half the stuff she said was just out of hurt but still it made sense in her head even if he thought she was full of shit. They both kept their powers a secret and that was the bottom line. end of story. Fighting back the tears in her eyes once again when he said he had a friend who was more broken up then him. That, even though he didn't mean to was the last straw, the tears began to fall from her eyes. Not just because of how hurt she was but because she really screwed up things for Sisi. She couldn't even think of her right now knowing how much pain and heartbreak she caused she just wanted to run away and never look back. She just wanted to leave for fear she would screw up things even more. "Sure, I'll be around." She said as steady as she could before she finally pushed her self up from the wall. She began to walk away but she needed to get out of their fast so she ran. She ran as fast as her feet could carry her. She just wanted to be alone to wallow in her self pity.
Back to top Go down
jack
just a taste
just a taste
jack

PostSubject: Re: ( COMPLETE ) Jack & Ava.   ( COMPLETE ) Jack & Ava. I_icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 3:54 pm

Jack was a good guy. And the last thing he wanted was to hurt Ava, emotionally or physically. Sometimes, he couldn't help it though. It was a shit situation that they got dealt, but this was how he had to leave it for right now. While his feelings for her haven't wavered in the sense that he still cared about her, he knew that Tag was waiting. The guy was a ticking time-bomb and he didn't know how much longer he had before he exploded. Possibly literally, at this point. Though, still, he hated leaving her like this knowing that he was the reason that she was like this right now. One could argue, ultimately she brought this on herself. As did Sierra, but that didn't change the fact that she was crying because of him. He could have waited till he was less angry to confront her, but at the same time he wanted confirmation. What if by some chance she could prove him wrong? That the information he had found was incorrect for some reason. He knew that had been a long shot, but it was a hope that he had tucked in the back of his mind. The question was now, could he walk away knowing that she was clearly distraught.

What baffled him most about himself was the fact that he had defended her and Sierra to Tag. If he could think clearly with him, why couldn't he think clearly here. Not to mention the fact that Jack had been right when defending them for the most part. There was no motive behind them getting close to the guys. He believed that, he really did. Though, he didn't necessarily believe it because she had said it flat out. Quite honestly, he didn't really trust her at this point. Which was the whole problem. He sighed, a hand resting on his stomach - still recovering from being wiped out for a few moments, there. He had been frozen in place for a good few seconds, just watching. He watched her push off the wall and start to wander away. He was surprised that out of everything he had spat back, she didn't have a response. "Ava." He called after her, waiting until she turned around before he spoke. "I don't want this to end here, I just need a few days to cool off." Even if she had decided she didn't want anything to do with him, at least he was able to put his overall feelings on the table. She looked absolutely devastated - and he knew it wasn't just cause of him. "It's gonna be okay. And they'll be okay, too." He offered her a small smile, his hands digging into his pockets. Sure, he didn't know that Tag and Sierra would be ok, but false hope was better than no hope at all at this point.
Back to top Go down
ava
rookie
rookie
ava

PostSubject: Re: ( COMPLETE ) Jack & Ava.   ( COMPLETE ) Jack & Ava. I_icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 10:47 am

At that moment in time there was so much going on in her head she couldn't think clearly. All she wanted to do was forget this ever happened and go back to the way things were. She knew that things would never be the way either of them wanted to. The one thing all relationships are built on is the ability to trust and she blew that. She covered up a secret that she knew she should have told him, but if he was in her shoes would he have done the same thing she did? Ava knew that this was something that all of them would need time to figure out which was why she tried to be as understanding as pssoible. She shouldn't have said the things she did a few moments earlier and that half of it was to make him feel as bad as she did. But in her mind she felt like they were as guilty as any of them were in some instances it still wasn't the time to put him on a stake and belt rocks at his head. She just hated how all the blame seemed to rest on her shoulders. Like it was her fault and only her fault that things turned out the way they did and maybe it was but still someone could take some blame from her. It was a lot to carry and anyone would be fucking nuts to think she would just take this all in stride. She knew that they had hurt the guys, but still it was something at that moment in time they thought was right. Their goal was never to hurt the guys, but protect their families and their selves. Do they honestly believe that they kept it secret so they could seek some age old revenge and if that is the case then they didn't know jackshit about the girls. They were always the ones who defended the guys when someone told them they were dumb for even associating with them. All the drama they went through when they found out that the girls were falling for the guys. It didn't matter any more, nothing matter any more when it came to Ava. They weren't dating so this will be easy for them to just say so long and wish each other the best of luck. It wasn't something she wanted to do but she knew it was probably the smartest thing to do. She would never stop caring for him because she knew she always would. She needed to put her own feelings to rest and help her friend in a time of need even if her friend probably wanted nothing to do with her once everything was said and done. Like Jack said they had others who were more heartbroken then them.

Her feet began to carry her closer and closer to her room and her bed where she could crawl and never leave. The moment she heard her name it felt like she ran into a brick wall and couldn't go any where. It took her a moment before she finally turned around and looked at him. What he said came to a shock to her since she wasn't expecting him to say that. Then she began to think when he cooled off he'd probably just grill her some more with his questions on why she was such a damn liar and all that good stuff. He said what he needed to say so hopefully the next time they talked he didn't seem so angry or cold. Sadly, all her hopes have seemed to come back and smack her in the face. She had no words for him and just nodded at the comment and then he spoke again this time he smilled a little but it still didn't help her any. She knew he was being friendly at that moment and tried to give her hope but she was done with hope. Hope was nothing more then a wasted wish that would never come true. "I hope so for the sake of Sisi and Tag." She left the comment like that and said nothing else. She was too upset at herself right now to think of any thing else to say for fear shed just reinsert her foot into her mouth. Taking one last look at him she turned her back and began walking again. He had some where to be and she needed some time to herself to take in all that had happen. Maybe she was being a drama queen but she would be damned if she wasn't the least bit upset at herself and at the whole situation since she knew deep down it was all her fault that things turned out this way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ( COMPLETE ) Jack & Ava.   ( COMPLETE ) Jack & Ava. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

( COMPLETE ) Jack & Ava.
Page 1 of 1